By Nelson Rerko
- Lil Keed – Long Live Mexico
- Long Live Mexico is Lil Keed’s first debut studio album, which was released on June 14, 2019. Although only selling 16,000 in first week sales, the numbers don’t show the effort and craft that was put into this album. Keed, known for his voice which is very comparable to Young Thug’s, really outdid himself on almost every song off of the album. Keed finds a way to make his voice perfectly match each song’s beat, which is featuring many top producers such as Pi’erre Bourne, Jetsonmade, Cubeatz, Metro Boomin, Turbo and Earl on the Beat.
- Young Thug – So Much Fun
- So Much Fun, which was Young Thug’s first album since his 2016’s Jeffery, proved why Young Thug is one of the best and most influential rappers not only in Atlanta but the whole rap game. By using his unique voice and clever bars, Young Thug blessed rap fans with this album. With some of the best production on any major studio album, coming from Pi’erre Bourne, Wheezy, Supah Mario, Southside, Nick Mira and even J. Cole made a production feature on Mannequin Challenge, which featured the late Juice WRLD.
- Diego Money – Juugman EP
- Diego Money, one of the best underground artists coming from Oak Cliff, Texas, shows us why he is so underrated with his project Juugman EP. Diego’s famous flow, famous bars, and amazingly melodic “plugg” beat selection proves that this was one of the top tapes from 2019. Production for this EP includes production from AltoSGP, A$att beats, Ouurad, Mexikodro, Tokyo of 900k and YuneyLae.
- Juugboiixantana – Juugboiixantana: The Tape
- Juugboiixantana released his debut mixtape, Juugboiixantana: The Tape, on July 14 of 2019. Juugboiixantana, the most unknown rapper on this list, proves why he deserves more plays on every streaming service. With his amazing beat selection, Yung Bans esque flow, and catchy bars, Juugboiixantana proves this tape was one of the top released in 2019. Production from Mexikodro, Tokyo of 900k, Dante and JBAND$, helped along the way and made this one of the best sounding tapes of the year.
– Slimesito & Fluhkunxhkos – Kane & O-Dog
- Slimesito and Fluhkunxhkos, coming out of Clayton County, GA, dropped one of the best joint projects of 2019, that being Kane & O-Dog. Released on Sito and Fluh both raining from Atlanta, GA come with quick catchy bars, hard banging 808’s and dark production from SenseiATL on each song provides fans with just under ten minutes of classic Slimesito and Fluhkunxhos.