By Jackson Ketelsen
Super Bowl LVIII, which pits the Kansas City Chiefs against the San Francisco 49ers, is less than a week away on Sunday, Feb. 11. Here are my top five Super Bowls ever.
5. Super Bowl XLVII with the Baltimore Ravens playing the San Francisco 49ers. This one is at two because of how close the game was. The two teams were also coached by brothers Jim Harbaugh for the 49ers and John Harbaugh for the Ravens. What made it better was after the halftime show when they were about to start the power went out and some of the players were just playing catch waiting for the lights to come back on. Once they started again they finished the game and the Ravens won.
4. Super Bowl XXV was between the Buffalo Bills and the New York Giants. This one was a big one because it was the start of something for the Bills, even though they ended up losing the game because their kicker missed the field goal wide right. The Giants won, but over the next three Super Bowls the Bills were in all of them and lost all three of them. There are a lot of people that have said if he made the kick they would have been a dynasty.
3. Super Bowl XLI was between the Indianapolis Colts and the Chicago Bears. This one was a big one for the Bears and Colts because both of them were not in the Super Bowl for a long time the Bears had not made it since 1986 and the Colts since 1971.The game started with something that had never happened before: the open kickoff was returned for a touchdown by one of the best kick returners ever, Devin Hester of the Bears. The Colts went on to beat the Bears by two scores.
2. Super Bowl XLVII was between the New England Patriots and the New York Giants. A lot was on the line for the Patriots that season as they were undefeated up until the Super Bowl. This game featured one of the most infamous catches in the Super Bowl. On a late third down, the Giants needed a first down and they threw the ball up to David Tyree,who caught the ball on his helmet to beat the Patriots and ruin the perfect season.
1. Super Bowl LI between the New England Patriots and the Atlanta Falcons. This was a big game because the whole first half the Falcons could not be stopped by the Patriots. The score going into half was 21- 3 and the Falcons scored to make it to what the game is known for now. The Patriots turned the game around and pulled off one of the largest comebacks in NFL history. It is the largest comeback in Super Bowl history, coming back from back 26 points in one half to tie the game. Then in overtime the Patriots scored to win on their first drive.