By Daniel Gotfryd
He swings, and it’ s a hole in one! Robert Carr is that kind of golf player. Carr is seventeen years old and is a senior at Batavia High School. Carr plays golf and tennis and he loves both these sports. Carr has been playing since he could walk and he is dedicated to sports. Carr has been playing golf and tennis since his freshman year a Batavia. Carr has a passion for sport and he wanted to share that he loves sports and he gives a hundred percent effort in every game and practice and doesn’t let anyone stand in his way. I gave Carr a list of questions related to golf, to dig deeper into why golf is his passion.
2) Q:What is your biggest accomplishment in your sports?
A: My biggest accomplishment was getting all conference my junior year
3) Q:What one or two things do you currently do in your training that are keys to your success?
A: One thing I do in training is short game, focus on chipping and putting because that is the most shots you take in golf.
4) Q: What would be your ultimate achievement?
A: My ultimate achievement is to get to state this year.
5) Q: How do you set your goals?
A: I set my goals by the other competition I have to play against and who is on my team.
6) Q: What is your biggest challenge, and what do you do to manage this challenge?
A: The biggest challenge I face is the mental aspects. I manage this by thinking of my next shot.
7) Q: What is your diet like?
A: My diet is not as nutritious as other sports because you walk and stop, but it takes effort with my 30-pound bag.
8) Q: What 1-2 things do you believe differentiates you from your contemporaries who have tailed off in their athletic participation and abilities?
A: My dedication to succeed in this sport is what makes me different from everyone else I play.
9) Q: Do you have any recommended resources to share (books, seminars, websites, coaches)?
A: I recommend one person, which is Rich Flores, my swing instructor.
10) Q: Have you experienced a breakthrough, and if so, what led to it?
A: My breakthrough is when I was a sophomore and I got confidence in my swing.
11) Q: What was the best advice you were ever given?
A: My best advice was to take my time and put the ball in the hole.
12) Q: Do you have a saying or motto that you live your life by?
A: My saying I say is “Champion’s find a way.”
13) Where do you draw your inspiration from?
A: I draw inspiration from my dad because he played golf at Wheaton.
14) Anything else you’d like to share?
A: I won conference with a torn ACL , which was a really cool experience.