By Audrey Pellico
Fall is a great season to try new things especially new treats. Personally, it brings out the mood to just relax and bake. These are my favorite and best top 10 recipes for delicious treats for this fall. Give them a try!
1. Toasted Pumpkin seeds
This is an easy and yet a yummy treat to make.
- All you need is pumpkin seeds from inside a pumpkin, an oven, an oven pan, and salt. Pre-heat oven to about 300 degrees,Wash pumpkin seeds so salt sticks to them,apply salt, and put in the oven when ready. Then,take them out when they are golden brown
2. Pumpkin pie is a holiday favorite for Thanksgiving.
The ingredients are one can of pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, sugar, and a crust made from flour, butter, water, and eggs.
How to make crust:
- In a mixer, add two cups of flour, one stick of butter, a half a cup of sugar, a teaspoon of cinnamon, one egg, and a half cup of water. Then mix and roll it out flat. Get a 9-inch pie tin and oil or butter it. Lay the crust inside, up the sides, and trim the them with a fork.
How to make the pumpkin filling
- Mix together the pumpkin puree, a cup of sugar, and a tablespoon of pumpkin spice
- Once all blended pour it into the pie pan
- Bake it in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes and once done check it with a toothpick to make sure nothing sticks
When done, what makes it especially tasty is serving it warm with ice cream and whipped cream.
3. Candy apples which are good for Halloween parties.
Ingredients are apples, and caramel, and crushed walnuts (or crushed m and ms)
- In a pan melt one bag of caramels with a half a stick of butter, in the melted pan of caramel and butter put an apple with a stick and roll it out in the hot caramel (Use a spoon if necessary to get caramel all over the apple)
- Once done dip the caramel apple into the dish of crushed walnuts or sprinkle them on top, and lay apple on a piece of parchment paper to cool before eating
4. Hot apple Cider for a cold, fall days.
Ingredients, fresh squeezed apple cider from store, cinnamon and cinnamon sticks
- Pour warm apple cider in a pan and warm on stove to just the point before boiling, add two teaspoons of cinnamon and then stir
- Take out of stove and pour into cup, and afterwards, add in a cinnamon stick for extra cinnamon flavor and for style
Option #1- some people add just a dash of cloves for extra flavor
Option #2 – add some diced apples to the drink
Overall fall is a great season and once you know how to make these delicious comfort foods it will make fall 10 times more enjoyable.