By Madeline Misiura
Wearing makeup to school can be such a hassle in the morning when you want an extra 30 minutes to sleep in. Girls wear makeup to school for many reasons, a cute boy, a class presentation, a pimple on your forehead the size of Texas. Keep in mind, makeup is not necessary. Beauty comes from within, not from wearing makeup. You don’t have to wear makeup in you don’t want to. Here are five makeup products to wear to school.
- Maybelline Lash Sensational: Mascara is a really good way to enhance your natural features. Making your eyelashes longer and darker will brighten up your eyes and make them the central focus of your face. This is one of the best mascaras in my opinion. They really focus on different ways to make your eyes the focal point. Maybelline is also a drugstore brand so this product only costs $8.99.
- Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer: Concealer is good for dark circles under your eyes. This will brighten up your eyes and make you look more awake. You can also buy this product in a contour shade to enhance your natural cheekbones, jawline, and to contour your forehead. Too Faced products are sold at Sephora, which is a high-end makeup store. This specific product is $29.
- Shea Moisture Fruit Fusion Coconut Water Shea Butter Lip Balm: Lip balm will keep your lips plump and hydrated throughout the day, whereas lip gloss and lipstick are not worth wearing to school because they will dry out and make your lips dry. You can buy this product at Target for $3.99.
- Nars Liquid Blush: Blush will add color to your cheeks and brighten up your face. If you want a sunburn effect, you can put the blush on your cheeks then connect it over the bridge of your nose. Blush is a great touch to a makeup routine because it will make you look awake and lively. Nars products are sold at Sephora and you can pick up this product for $29.
- Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Powder: After putting on concealer, blush, and contour, you need to make sure that the products will stay in one place since they are all cream. The powder will set your face in place. Baking is a great option to keep makeup on all day. Simply take a damp beauty blender and press it into the powder, apply it to the places you applied the cream products, and wait up to 10 minutes before brushing it off with a big fluffy brush. This product costs $7.99 at Target.