By Rachel Morano
When it comes to getting ready for school, teens typically do not want to get up. Because of this, many people are rushing out the door when it’s time to go. Here are a few ways to shorten that morning routine to help you get a few more minutes of shuteye.
- Lay out clothes – This sounds basic, but just picking out what you’re going to wear the next day and setting it out will help you so much. There’s no running around for 15 or 20 minutes trying to pick out what looks good with what.
- Don’t put anything off – A lot of people will get tired and say they’ll finish their homework in the morning. Now this can be good and bad. On one hand, it’s good because you can look and it from a new perspective once you’re more awake but it’s also bad because you’ll probably be tired all day because you have to get up early. So, buckle down and do it; you’ll be happy you did.
- Shower at night – If you start showering at night it’s super helpful because then you don’t have to worry about doing that when you wake up. For some people they use it to wake up but in all honesty just splashing water on your face will do the same.
- Make your breakfast – Start making a breakfast at night so you have something to just grab and go when you leave in the morning. Whether it is a smoothie or a yogurt parfait, make it before and put it in the fridge.
- Have everything organized – Don’t have your school work all over your desk or table. Put everything in your backpack and ready to go. When you wake up you can just throw in whatever else you may need and walk out. It helps out so much when you know you have everything in check and don’t have to stress about it all.